Yeast Free Funfetti Spelt Cinnamon Rolls
Classic cinnamon rolls made with spelt flour, topped with a cream cheese glaze and sprinkles. This recipe has no yeast involved, so there is no waiting for the dough to rise!
- 8 x 8 baking tray
For the dough
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup spelt flour (can sub more all purpose)
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter / vegan butter (melted)
- ¾ cup almond milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp sprinkles (plus more to top)
For the filling
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter / vegan butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz cream cheese / vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter / vegan butter (melted)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- splash of vanilla extract
- milk of choice (to thin)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare the dough: combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter to almond milk mixture.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Do not over mix. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Roll into a large rectangle.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling. Using a knife, spread evenly onto the dough.
- Starting from the longer end, roll the dough into a long log. Slice into 9 even pieces.
- Spray a 8 x 8 baking tray with oil and transfer the cinnamon rolls to the pan, evenly spaced. Spray the cinnamon rolls with oil again.
- Bake at 375° for about 28 minutes.
- Prepare the frosting: combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Add milk slowly until desire consistency is reached.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool about 10-15 minutes, then top with cream cheese frosting and sprinkles. Enjoy!