Vegan White Cheddar Shells
A rich and creamy vegan white cheddar sauce paired with sauce-sucking shells to make a child's favourite meal.
For the Vegan White Cheddar Sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- ¾ cup dairy free milk of choice
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp vegan parmesan
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta 1-2 minutes under what's directed on package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Prepare the Sauce:
- Melt butter in a small pan over low to medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add minced garlic and lightly saute for about 1 minute.
- Add in the flour and whisk until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Slowly add in the milk, whisking as you go.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the cream cheese. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked through, and the sauce is smooth and combined.
- Serve alone or with add ins of choice, and enjoy!