This stuff is seriously game changer and DOES NOT taste like tofu, I promise. The tofu along with a little bit of nutritional yeast, really give that custardy feel without the egg. Plus a little extra protein in my french toast? I’m not complaining!
Vegan Tofu French Toast
- 2 thick slices of bread (dry, crusty bread works best)
- ¼ cup extra firm tofu
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vegan butter (plus more for frying)
- ¼ tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients (other than the bread) in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a large dish and dip each slice of bread in for about 30 secs – 1 minute, making sure the bread is fully coated.
- Heat a skillet with some vegan butter over low to medium heat.
- Transfer the bread onto a lightly buttered pan and cook for about 5 mins or until lightly browned. Flip and cook until other side is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with toppings of choice and enjoy!