This quarantine has really been giving me the time to make some time consuming things like this sweet potato gnocchi – from scratch! But it’s actually so much easier and faster than you’d think. This easy recipe only requires 4 simple ingredients and is definitely a crowd pleaser.
Vegan Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi
A simple vegan, gluten free gnocchi made with just 4 ingredients! This easy recipe is also flourless, grain free and packed with protein and fibre.
- 1 ½ cups mashed sweet potato (about 1 medium sweet potato)
- 1 ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour (plus more for rolling)
- salt (to taste)
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
- Peel and chop sweet potato into small cubes.
- Boil the sweet potato in salted water for about 15 mins (or until tender).
- Strain the potatoes and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potato with a potato masher or a fork.
- Add in the chickpea flour and tapioca flour.
- Knead the dough with your hands until a dough is formed. If the dough is too sticky, add more chickpea flour.
- Prepare a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough and roll into even logs.
- Using a knife, cut the logs into gnocchi sized pieces (about 1 inch).
- Shape the gnocchi, and roll each piece over a fork to create small ridges (this helps with catching sauce later).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the gnocchi until it floats to the surface. Strain and rinse with cold water.
- Optional: Transfer the gnocchi to a medium saucepan and pan fry with butter or olive oil until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with sauce of choice and enjoy!
CategoriesDinner Gluten Free