Vegan Gluten Free Strawberry Puffs made extra pink with beets! These bring me back to my childhood (Trader Joe’s Strawberry Yogurt O’s were my life), but they’re totally natural, full of protein, and without all the sugar! They’re also super easy to make (and super easy to finish)!
So I was originally inspired way back when Healthful Radiance first shared her Cocoa Puffs, but since I’m not a huge chocolate gal (sorry, it’s the truth), I decided to make them strawberry! Anyways. It was all going well until I stuck them in the oven and went to go take pictures of another one of my recipes . . . and then I smelled something burning. Yup. Burned those strawberry puffs because I was too busy taking pics of something else!
Basically I was pretty disappointed and hadn’t attempted them again since, but boy am I glad I gave them another shot cause they turned out pretty fricken amazing,
Vegan Gluten Free Strawberry Puffs
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup quinoa flour (or sub oat flour)
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup freeze dried strawberries
- 2 tbsp strawberry protein powder* (or sub 2 extra tbsp flour)
- 2½ tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp beet puree (roasted and blended beet)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Blend the dry ingredients in a blender.
- Add the wet ingredients and blend again.
- Roll the dough into little grape-sized balls.
- Place on parchment lined baking tray and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Serve with milk and strawberries and enjoy!