Vegan Gluten Free Oat Crepes
The perfect thin, soft crepe made with oat flour. A simple recipe that you can make without a crepe pan.
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax + 2.5 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-2½ cups milk of choice
- splash of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Prepare flax egg by combining ground flax with water. Set aside and allow it to thicken.
- Once the flax egg is ready, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Let the batter sit at least 30 mins to allow it to thicken. Note: the batter should be slightly thinner than a pancake batter, and you should be able to pour it. If the batter becomes too thick once the flour has absorbed more liquid, whisk in more milk until desired consistency.
- Lightly grease a medium non-stick pan with coconut oil or vegan butter, and heat over medium to high heat. You may need to lower the heat to medium as you cook.
- Once the pan is heated, pour in ¼ cup to ⅓ cup of the batter as you tilt the pan in a circular motion, spreading the batter into a thin circle. Note: If the batter doesn't spread quickly that means it is too thick. Add more milk.
- Cook for 1-2 mins. Carefully flip to cook through. Tip: If you're having trouble flipping the crepe, carefully slide the crepe onto a large plate once the first side is cooked, then flip the plate upside down to put the crepe back onto the pan.
- Remove from pan and repeat until batter is used up.
- Fill and top with toppings of choice and enjoy!
CategoriesBreakfast & Brunch Gluten Free