Nothing like Coffee Crunch Cereal on a Monday Morning! It’s like healthy cereal for grown ups with a caffeine kick, and some protein. You could even have it with an iced latte instead of milk if you wanted.
Everyone’s been making different types of cereal, but I have yet to see a coffee cereal, so I decided to give it a shot. Let’s just say my life is changed. An EASY, delicious meal prep idea that’s not oats (nothing against oats though)! Not to mention adorable (thanks to @lovebykaylee for the coffee bean shape idea with her cookies)!
Vegan Gluten Free Coffee Crunch Cereal
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp coffee protein powder* (or sub 1 extra tsp instant coffee + 1½ extra tbsp protein powder / flour of choice)
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tbsp nut butter (preferably almond or cashew)
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp water
- splash of vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare the flax egg and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the flax egg and stir to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and mix well until fully combined.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into tiny balls and transfer onto a prepared baking tray.
- Using a small knife, lightly slice the centre of each ball (not all the way through).
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 mins or until firm and crunchy.
- Serve with milk of choice or iced coffee. Enjoy!