Another fun way to switch up my classic Vegan Tofu French Toast! Tastes like churros, looks like churros (kinda), but secretly french toast — I mean what more could you want?
Plus with a tofu french toast batter and a cashew cream dip, this decadent breakfast is also full of protein.
Vegan Churro French Toast Sticks
Tofu French Toast Sticks
- 2 thick slices of bread cut into sticks (dry, crusty bread works best)
- ¼ cup extra firm tofu
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vegan butter (plus more for frying)
- ¼ tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Cashew Cream Dip (Optional)
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked in boiling hot water 20 mins minimum)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp milk of choice (I used canned coconut milk for extra creaminess)
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Slice each piece of bread into sticks about 1 inch wide. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients (other than the bread) in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a large dish and dip each bread stick in for about 30 secs – 1 minute, making sure the bread is fully coated.
- Heat a skillet with some vegan butter over low to medium heat. Transfer the bread onto a lightly buttered pan and cook for about 5 mins or until lightly browned. Flip and cook until all sides are lightly browned.
- Combine coconut sugar and cinnamon on a plate. While the french toast sticks are still hot, immediately dip and coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Prepare the cashew cream dip (optional): combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with cashew cream dip (optional). Enjoy!