These easy chickpea broccoli fritters are pan fried to crispy perfection. Quarantine has really been forcing me to be extra creative, and honestly I’m kind of thankful because that’s how I came up with these fritters.
Been making these on repeat weekly, so you’re gonna want to give them a try!
Vegan Cheesy Chickpea Broccoli Fritters
- ½ cup small broccoli florets
- ⅓-½ cup canned chickpeas
- ¼ cup chickpea flour (or sub oat flour)
- 1½ tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- oil (for frying)
- ¼ cup shredded vegan mozzarella (optional)
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and cook broccoli florets for about 5 minutes. Strain and rinse with cold water.
- In the meantime, combine chia seeds with water and set aside.
- Once the broccoli is mostly cooked, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Form little balls using your hands, transfer to a pan and pan fry with olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the bottoms are golden brown, flip and flatten with the spatula. Cook until both sides are golden brown and crispy.