Call me a homemade granola addict, but this is my Ultimate Chunky Crunchy Granola! If you’re going to make try one of my homemade granolas, this is THE one to make. (Sorry other granolas, I love you too.) And there is no oat pulp or almond pulp involved, so everyone can make it!
This basic granola is a delectable blend of oats, almonds, coconut and pumpkin seeds that can be broken up into crunchy chunks as large as you want. And I’m not kidding — literally as large as you want. And I pulsed the almonds in a blender so there aren’t any huge chunks of nuts in the granola — is it just me or do people not like that either?!
Feel free to sub different types of nuts and seeds to your preference, but keep the proportions to achieve the best chunky texture.
Ultimate Chunky Crunchy Granola
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax + 2.5 tbsp water
- 1 heaping tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Prepare flax egg: combine ground flax and water. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine flax egg with other wet ingredients.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients. Stir until fully combined.
- Transfer to a prepared baking tray and press into one large chunk using the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 300° for about 50 minutes or until lightly browned and firm.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool for a minimum of 1-2 hours.
- Break into chunks as large as you want and try not to eat the whole batch. Enjoy!