The Fluffiest Healthy Oat Pancakes
Fluffy, moist oat pancakes made from scratch with clean ingredients. This batter and technique will get you the best tasting fluffy pancakes without unnecessary ingredients or a pancake mix!
- ½ cup oat flour (rolled oats blended into a fine flour)
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- splash of vanilla extract
- 1 egg (sub whipped aquafaba to make vegan)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- butter for frying (or sub vegan butter)
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. (If using whipped aquafaba, do not add this till step 4.)
- Slowly pour in the wet mixture to combine it with the dry, folding the batter as you pour.
- Continue folding until the batter is just incorporated. Try not to over mix. The batter should be relatively thick but fluffy (small lumps are okay).
- Transfer to the fridge and let the batter sit for 15-20 mins.
- Preheat a pan over low-medium heat with a little bit of butter or vegan butter.
- Once the heat is even, spoon the batter onto the pan to form your pancakes. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook the pancakes with a lid on until small bubbles start to form or the bottoms are lightly golden brown. Do not flip too early or this will make them flat.
- Gently flip the pancakes and cook for a few more minutes (with the lid on), or until lightly golden brown.
- Stack and serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!
CategoriesBreakfast & Brunch