Sweet Potato Tahini Banana Bread
A super moist banana bread that uses sweet potato, tahini and overripe bananas.
- 1 cup overripe mashed bananas (about 2 small bananas)
- ½ cup Japanese sweet potato (boiled and mashed)
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 ½ tbsp ground flax + 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- optional: sliced banana, hemp hearts, coarse sea salt to top
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Boil diced sweet potato for 15-20 mins or until fully cooked.
- Combine 2½ tbsp ground flax with 5 tbsp water. Set aside and allow it to thicken.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Once sweet potato is ready, mash with a fork or potato masher. Add in the remaining wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Prepare a small loaf pan with coconut oil. Transfer the batter to the pan. Optional: garnish with hemp hearts and sea salt if desired (or sliced banana).
- Bake for 40-50 mins at 350° or until the top is lightly golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool before slicing. Enjoy!
CategoriesBaking Gluten Free