Sweet Potato Mac ‘N Cheese
An easy vegan take on macaroni and cheese that uses sweet potato for a rich and creamy sauce.
- pasta of choice
- ½ cup sweet potato (cooked and mashed)
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 1 tsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ⅔ cup oat milk (or more if needed)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- optional: vegan shredded cheese (to melt)
- Cook pasta 1-2 minutes under what's directed on packaging.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (except cheese if you're using it).
- Heat the sauce in a medium skillet, then add in cook pasta. Stir to combine.
- Add in optional shredded cheese if desired.
- Cook until pasta is fully cooked through.
- Serve with vegan parmesan if desired and enjoy!