Do you ever just think to yourself, “Oh I’ll just bake a small batch to test it out” and then instantly regret it? Well that was me with these cookies.
These Strawberry Shortcake Cookies are inspired by the classic biscuit strawberry shortcake, with a biscuit-like cookie filled with chunks of fresh strawberries. Plus I have to say, they’re pretty adorable.
These easy, vegan, gluten free, healthy cookies will be gone in no time. I’d recommend doubling or tripling the recipe — I know I will next time!
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
A biscuit-like strawberry shortcake cookie filled with fresh strawberry chunks.
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup barley flakes (or sub rolled oats)
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup cashew milk powder I used Organic Traditions*
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground flax + 4 tsp water
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 strawberries (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Gently fold in the sliced strawberries.
- Roll the dough into small balls and flatten onto a prepared baking tray.
- Bake at 350° for about 20-25 minutes.
*For this recipe, I used Organic Traditions Cashew Milk Powder
CategoriesBaking Gluten Free