Love some snickerdoodles but too hot to bake? These easy, no bake, (pretty healthy) Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Bars are for you! It’s like a snickerdoodle cookie in ice cream form with a cookie-like granola crust. You’d never guess this rich and creamy cinnamon-y sugary goodness is primarily made of chickpeas!
For this recipe, I used macadamia nut butter for extra creamy richness, while not overpowering the snickerdoodle flavour.
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Bars
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Layer
- 1½ cup chickpeas (skins removed)
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup macadamia nut butter (can sub cashew or almond butter)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup granola (I used homemade granola)
- 2 tbsp macadamia nut butter (or sub another runny nut butter or oil of choice)
- Pulse granola crust ingredients in a blender. Transfer to a parchment lined container (I used a 4×7" but any small container will work). Flatten into a crust and freeze for 30 mins.
- Combine all ice cream ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Once the crust has set, pour ice cream layer on top and smooth out the surface. Place back in the freezer for another 4 hours minimum.
- Remove from container and slice into bars (upside down works best). Store in the freezer or slightly defrost and enjoy!