Baked Sesame Fries with Miso Gravy
Easy, baked potato wedges coated in sesame seeds for crispy homemade fries.
- 2 medium potatoes of choice
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp potato starch (or cornstarch) (optional but makes it crispier)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1¼ cup water
- ½ cup miso paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tsp tapioca starch + 2 tsp water
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Toss potato wedges in oil, salt and pepper. Add potato starch and sesame seeds and toss again.
- Bake loosely covered with foil at 425° for about 1 hour or until lightly browned and crispy. Serve with miso gravy and enjoy!
- Combine water, miso paste, olive oil, maple syrup and garlic.
- Transfer to a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- Mix the tapioca starch and water in a separate bowl. Add it to the saucepan.
- Stir continuously until gravy has thickened.
- To make the gravy extra smooth (optional): Remove from heat and blend in a blender until smooth.
Recipe inspired by The Naam Restaurant.