These super easy blueberry galettes are filled with summery blueberries and surrounded with a homemade pastry crust. You can also take them to the next level with a dollop of ice cream of whipped cream on top!
When I first discovered galettes, I was like those are too fancy for me…but WRONG! A galette is truly a lazy pie—you get to fold the edges however you like and that’s the vibe.
All you’ll need is:
Minimal, simple ingredients because that’s all you need! I love that this is also both vegan and gluten free friendly if you use vegan butter and all purpose gluten free flour, respectively.
Are you ready for these fancy lil things to blow your mind?! Let’s make them!
Mini Blueberry Galettes with Homemade Puff Pastry
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour*
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup vegan butter* frozen
- 6–8 tbsp cold water
- 1 3/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Place butter in the freezer for 10-15 mins.
- Mix flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Using a grater, grate the frozen butter into the flour mixture. Toss the flour to incorporate butter.
- Add in 6-8 tbsp cold water, 1 tbsp at a time. Mix gently with your hands as you go to create a pretty sticky ball of dough. There should still be some little clumps of butter.
- Transfer the dough (in a rough rectangle shape) to parchment and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in fridge 30 mins.
- Prepare blueberry filling: cook blueberries on medium low until softened. Remove from heat and squeeze in lemon. Set aside.
- Flour a large piece of parchment paper. Roll the cough dough into a long rectangle. Fold into thirds. Rotate the dough 90 degrees and repeat 4x, rolling and folding. End with dough in a large rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill in fridge 30-45 mins.
- Cut into 6 pieces and place blueberries in the center. Roughly fold the edges around and spray with oil.
- Bake at 425° for about 18 mins!