Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi has quickly become a popular freezer staple along with their Cauliflower Gnocchi. This copycat version only uses 6 ingredients — one of them being water! I chose to make mine a lighter green than Trader Joe’s and also added some ridges.
So if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, want to have some fun making your own gnocchi from scratch, or just have some kale to use up, give this a shot! So simple and so delicious.
Note: I boiled and pan fried my gnocchi, but feel free to cook it how you like (after boiling of course).
Homemade Kale Gnocchi (Trader Joe’s Copycat)
A copycat version of Trader Joe's popular freezer staple.
- 2 cup loosely packed fresh kale
- ⅔ cup potato starch
- ⅓ cup chickpea flour (or sub quinoa flour)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a good blender or food processor. Be sure to put the kale in first so it gets fully blended.
- Remove from the blender and knead until a dough is formed.
- Divide the dough and roll into logs on a lightly floured surface.
- Slice into gnocchi sized pieces.
- Using the back of a fork, roll the gnocchi to create ridges.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the gnocchi in and boil until it floats to the surface (about 4-5 mins).
- Strain and rinse with cold water.
- Optional: Pan fry or bake until golden brown.
- Serve with sauce of choice and enjoy!
CategoriesDinner Gluten Free