Flourless Vegan Lemon Chia Loaf
A bright and zesty flourless lemon chia loaf. This loaf is bursting with lemon, is perfectly tart but sweet, moist, rich and simply delicious. Perfect for spring or summer!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 chia eggs 2 tbsp chia seeds + 5 tbsp water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup dairy free yogurt of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of one large lemon
For the frosting (optional)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk of choice
- 3-4 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare 2 chia eggs by combining 2 tbsp chia seeds with 5 tbsp water. Set aside to allow it to thicken.
- Prepare vegan "buttermilk" by combining ¼ cup lemon juice with ¾ cup milk of choice. Set aside. It should thicken and curdle.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Combine all wet ingredients. Add in the chia eggs once they are ready.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until fully combined.
- Prepare a standard loaf pan with coconut oil spray. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Transfer the loaf pan to the oven and bake for about 40-50 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting (optional): Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Allow the loaf to cool for at least 1 hour before topping with the frosting.
- Sprinkle with more lemon zest and chia seeds if desired. Enjoy!
CategoriesBaking Gluten Free