Easy Yeast Free Vegan Naan
This fluffy tender naan is made with simple ingredients you've probably already got on hand.
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¾ cup dairy free milk of choice
- vegan butter (for frying)
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil and milk of choice.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients.
- Using your hands, knead until a smooth dough forms. It should be moist, but not too crumbly or sticky. Add more milk or flour if necessary. Knead until a ball is formed and allow the dough to sit for about 15 mins.
- Once the dough is ready, divide it into 6-8 even pieces.
- Roll each piece into a very thin layer.
- Heat a medium to large pan over medium heat. Melt a little bit of vegan butter on the pan before cooking each piece of naan. Cook each piece for 1-2 mins on each side, or until some parts start to brown.
- Remove from heat and serve with seasonings of choice. Enjoy!