This homemade vegan carrot cake is irresistible.
I’ve made this one multiple times, shared with friends and it’s definitely a hit with vegans and non-vegans at any gathering. Truly, nobody will even know! Not to mention…pipe on cute baby carrots and everyone will ADORE it!
This cake is simple and uses basic ingredients you likely already have. All you’ll need is:
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vegan Egg
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- Raisins, Chopped Nuts & Grated Carrots
- Frosting of Choice
…nothing crazy right?!
Now the wait is over—let’s bake cake!
Easy Single Layer Vegan Carrot Cake
- 1 8×8 Baking Dish
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp Just Egg plant-based liquid egg* (or 2 vegan egg subs)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 cups grated carrots
- frosting of choice*
- optional: chopped nuts and/or extra icing + food colouring to top
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix flour, sugar, spices, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins and chopped nuts.
- In a separate bowl, mix Just Egg, olive oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and fold in grated carrots.
- Transfer to lined 8×8 baking dish and bake at 350° for about 35 mins!
- Let cool fully, then top with frosting. Pipe on little carrots or sprinkle on more nuts if you like. Enjoy!
Be sure to tag me @feliciasfabfoodz if you share your creation!