Easy 20-Minute Vegan Gluten Free Buttermilk Biscuits
The perfect quick small batch recipe if you just want a few biscuits.
- ⅔ cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- ½ heaping tbsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (do not melt)
- ¼ cup vegan buttermilk (¾ tbsp lemon juice + ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Prepare vegan buttermilk by combining lemon juice or vinegar with ¼ cup almond milk. Set aside. It should thicken and curdle.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Chop the butter into very small pieces and add it to the mixture. Mash the butter with a fork until all pieces are covered in the flour and well combined.
- Slowly add in the buttermilk, kneading as you go. Add in more buttermilk as needed. You may not need the full amount.
- Knead with your hands until a cohesive dough is formed.
- Using your hands, form 2-3 small biscuits. Place them onto a prepared baking tray.
- Bake for at 450° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Enjoy!
CategoriesBaking Breakfast & Brunch Gluten Free