Crispy Peanut Tofu Lettuce Wraps
A light but filling summer dinner with crispy peanut tofu and lots of veggies.
- shredded carrots
- cooked edamame
- green onions (sliced)
- sesame seeds
Crispy Peanut Tofu
- 6 oz extra firm tofu (pressed)
- olive oil (to spray)
- 1-2 tbsp potato starch or cornstarch (optional but makes it crispy)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger
- peanuts to garnish (optional)
- Press the tofu for 30 mins minimum, removing as much excess liquid as possible.
- Cut the tofu into cubes and toss in olive oil and then potato starch.
- Pan fry on medium heat until lightly browned and crispy (or baked at 400° for about 25 mins).
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the sauce to the tofu at the end and lightly sauté until tofu is fully coated.
- Add to your lettuce wraps and enjoy!