Feeling a little upscale with my Creamy Cashew Truffle Alfredo. But seriously, this tastes like it could be from an Italian restaurant and you would never even know it’s vegan. I know cashew cream is nothing new, but if you still haven’t tried it — it’s kind of a must.
Also I’m obsessed with black truffle so this sauce is just winning all around!
Creamy Cashew Truffle Alfredo
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 1 tbsp black truffle
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup plain oat milk
- 1½ tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- juice of ¼ lemon
- salt (to taste)
- pasta of choice
- optional: black pepper, vegan parmesan (to serve(
- Cook pasta 1-2 minutes under what's directed on packaging. Strain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- For the sauce: combine all ingredients except black truffle in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce to a pan over low to medium heat and gently stir in pasta and black truffle.
- Serve immediately with black pepper and vegan parmesan if desired. Enjoy!