It’s a 3-in-1: Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Bars! And they’re no bake, vegan, gluten free, flourless, refined sugar free and absolutely delicious.
One of my unpopular food opinions is that I don’t love chocolate (there, I said it) — but I made these for someone and I’ve got to say, even I thought they were pretty darn good. And I had some chocolate-loving taste testers who absolutely loved these as well.
This is in fact my first real chocolate recipe ever shared on my blog — so for all you chocolate lovers this one’s for you!
Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dates (softened)
- ½ cup raw almonds (soaked)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ½ tsp salt
Cashew Cheesecake Layer
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Mousse Layer
- 1 pack vegan chocolate pudding (I used Simply Delish*)
- 1¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- Soak cashews, almonds and dates in boiling hot water for 1 hour minimum. Strain and pat dry.
- Prepare the crust: combine all ingredients in a good blender or food processor and pulse until fully combined. Transfer to a lined 6 x 6 baking dish and press into a flat layer.
- Prepare the cheesecake layer: Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour on top of crust and spread evenly.
- Place the dish in the freezer for 1½ – 2 hours.
- Prepare the chocolate mousse layer: Using a hand mixer, whisk the pudding mix and coconut milk for about 2 minutes. Place in the fridge until the bottom two layers are ready.
- Once the bottom 2 layers have set, remove from freezer and spread the mousse layer on top.
- Place it back in the freezer for another 1½ – 2 hours.
- Slice into 9 bars and enjoy!