Blueberry Pancake Breakfast Cookies
Deliciously pancake-y, oat-y cookies that use pancake mix instead of flour. These cookies are crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and bursting with blueberries!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup steel cut oats
- ¾ cup Birch Benders Paleo Pancake Mix (or sub another pancake mix*)
- ¾ cup cashew pulp (leftover from making homemade cashew milk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 2 tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare flax egg by combining 1 tbsp flax with 2 tbsp water. Set aside and allow it to thicken.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, melt the coconut oil in the microwave. Add the rest of the ingredients to the melted coconut oil (except blueberries) and stir to combine.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients with a spatula.
- Gently fold in fresh blueberries.
- Prepare a large baking tray with parchment paper or coconut oil spray.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough into even balls and flatten with a spatula.
- Transfer the baking to tray to the oven and bake for about 20 mins at 350° or until edges are golden brown.
*For this recipe I used Birch Benders Paleo Pancake Mix. Feel free to sub a vegan pancake mix to make vegan, or another pancake mix of choice, although this is the only one I have tested.