Blueberry Lemon Banana Bread
A bright and zesty take on the classic banana bread. This quick and easy loaf is super moist, packed with flavour, and makes the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup oat flour (old fashioned oats blended into oat flour)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 chia eggs (1 chia egg = 1 tbsp chia + 2.5 tbsp water)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ very ripe bananas
- 1 lemon (zest of whole lemon, juice of 1/2 lemon)
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp chia seeds with 5 tbsp water. Set aside and allow it to thicken.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Once the chia eggs are ready, combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl (except blueberries).
- Combine dry and wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool before slicing. Enjoy!